Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

Sick Chicken: 1/31/2014

The details!

So I removed about 3ml of fluid out of the hen's abdomen.
I pulled the needle out and the fluid kept flowing out!!!!!
I panicked and kept wiping up the liquid but it wouldn't stop, it kept flowing all night.
I kept changing her bedding and kept a heat lamp on her most of the night.
By morning, she had lost about ALL of her weight.....


Good news though!!
She is like 100% better! 
She is breathing great, she's lost like all the fluid (I was worried her body would go into shock from such loss) and her legs are not straddling anymore. She's even pecking other hens and hopping up on some of the roosts.

I have her outside at the moment but she will be back inside tonight!


Before/After Videos




No comments:

Post a Comment