Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Flock: Roosters

We have a lot of chickens, like 45+ chickens. Just to give you a slight idea..

  • 1 is our oldest hen from a batch of chickens long, long ago. Shes like 2+ years old! - Momma Chicken
  • 12 are from my 2010 batch I had at my Dad's house.
  • 12 are from my 2010 Mom's batch she had at her house.
  • 12 are our newly hatched babies ♥
  • 10 are from our March 2012 batch.
  • And the rest are chickens we were given or that just showed up at our house!!

We almost had 60 at one point but we gave a few away, a few died, and a few disappeared. They all have their own names, and we actually have a list of them all!
Anyways, I thought I'd post picture of my roosters first since we have few of them (well less than hens haha)
We also had 3 roosters, who we no longer have:

  1. Diablo
  2. Speckles
  3. Sour Pea



Willie (white Frizzle)

                                                      Re-Re/ David Bowie (black and white Poland)

KFC  (giant white Plymouth Rock)
Jonathan and Nathan (red/black/brown Cubalaya)
Bo (White with brown and black spots Plymouth Rock/mix)
Billie (white Frizzle)

Lover Boy and his Twin (black Cochins)
Dizzle (black Frizzle)

No comments:

Post a Comment